A recent study shows that “Women Have Better Sex Under Socialism: And Other Arguments for Economic Independence“. Very true, I can really confirm the analysis by Mrs. Kristen Ghodsee, who is a respected American ethnographer and Professor of Russian and East European Studies at the University of Pennsylvania.
All my partners and my wife tell me that we had better sex in socialist times (i.e in East Germany till 1989, when I was 28 years old) than in later times in the capitalist unuted Germany. I always thought that this had to do with myself, getting older. So good to read now the study by a serious scientist, showing it is in fact the political system to blame.
other promising books by the author:
- Ghodsee, Kristen R. The Red Riviera: Gender, Tourism and Postsocialism on the Black Sea (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2005)
- Ghodsee, Kristen R. Muslim Lives in Eastern Europe: Gender, Ethnicity and the Transformation of Islam in Postsocialist Bulgaria (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press 2010)
- Ghodsee, Kristen R. Lost in Transition: Ethnographies of Everyday Life After Communism (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2011)
- Connelly, Rachel and Kristen Ghodsee. Professor Mommy: Finding Work/Family Balance in Academia (Baltimore, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2011)
- Ghodsee, Kristen R. The Left Side of History: World War II and the Unfulfilled Promise of Communism in Eastern Europe (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2015)